So now we answer the “What is the best electric pressure washer?” We have searched all over the internet to find what consumers consider to be the best electric pressure washer and exactly what it is that make it so good.
What is the best electric pressure washer 2016 according to the general public?
Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer
The Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer reigns supreme at the top of the pile. This household favourite has proven to be the most popular electric pressure washer of all time, selling over and over again from many well known retailers. This little guy is so effective at cleaning and it sits perfectly within a comfortable range of affordability, not too cheap and not too expensive. For the cleaning jobs at home, this little guy will do just fine, and check out that big smile on his face, it looks like he’s happy to be a part of this too.
Find out more on the Sun Joe SPX3000 by clicking here
Sun Joe SPX3000 Features & Package Contents
This incredibly simple to assemble machine comes in a medium sized box and only requires a screwdriver to assemble.
The main features of the Sun Joe SPX3000 Are:
- Detergent Selection Dial lets you switch between two detergents easily
- Equipped with extra tools to keep attachments organised on the unit itself
- A Powerful 14.5 AMP 1800 Watt Motor
- Gun/Spray Wand holder
- 5 Quick Clip Nozzle System allows you to switch pressure easily
- Comfortable Grip Design of the gun
- Two Wheel System for easy transportation and manoeuvring
- See full specs and best price at Amazon.com
When it arrives on your doorstep after being delivered by the courier you will get:
- The main pressure washer unit
- The pressure washers handle which holds two detergent tanks
- The trigger gun & spray wand
- Trigger gun holder
- High pressure hose holder
- Spray wand protector
- Garden hose adaptor
- High pressure hose
- 5 quick connect tips
- 6 screws (4 large, 2 small)
Assembling Your Sun Joe SPX3000
Once you have taken all your equipment out of the box the next thing you need to do is assemble it all together so that you can actually get it to the point where you can clean things with it. Here we will outline a simple and easy to follow method for assembling your pressure washer. Remember if you find reading instructions too difficult you can always go online and search a video that will teach you exactly the same thing.
- Take the main pressure washer unit and stand it upright.
- Take the trigger gun holder and slide it into place on the left hand side (if you are looking face on) and you will hear it click when it is firmly in place.
- Now you can attach the handle and the two detergent tanks. Attach the handle to the top of the machine by sliding it into place so that the grooves on the top of the main body and the grooves on the bottom of the handle line up. Everything should slide into place. Now use the four longer screws and screw everything into place.
- Place the two detergent bottles in place within the handle. Make sure they have their caps on and they too will click into place.
- The green switch button between the two detergent bottles is used for switching between the two detergents if use them. For now just make sure that the triangle on the switch button is facing upwards.
- There is a small hole behind the left detergent bottle. Place the end of the pvc tube into the hole.
- Next take the spray wand protector and insert it into the front left bottom corner (when facing the machine head on). It fits easily into place. Then simply screw it in with one of the remaining small screws.
- Take the high pressure hose holder and fit it directly onto the front of the machine. The two grooves will line up perfectly and then use the last remaining screw to hold it in place.
- Next take the trigger gun and the spray wand and assemble them. Place them end to end and once they are aligned perfectly, just rotate the tip of the spray gun clockwise which will tighten everything up and hold it all together.
- Next take your high pressure hose and connect it to both the spray gun and the main body of the machine. The larger end connects to the main body and the smaller end connects to the spray gun. Simply align them, push them into place and screw them in.
- Attach your garden hose to the front of the machine using the garden hose adaptor and you are ready to begin cleaning.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 Quick Clip Nozzle Tips
The SPX3000 Pressure Washer comes with 5 different quick clip tips to ensure that you have the right water pressure for the job. Changing them over is as simple as it can be, you simply press them into place on the tip of the spray wand and they will click into place. To remove them just pull back the tip of the wand, just beneath the coloured tip and the coloured tip will simply pop off.
The nozzles sit at the back of the handle and function as follows;
RED: 0degrees – Very High Pressure/Low Flow Nozzle – Use for stubborn grime and hard to reach areas including second story cleaning, tar and grease on concrete, caked mud from equipment.
YELLOW: 15degrees – High Pressure/Medium Flow Nozzle – Use for heavy mildew stains, rust on steel, oil stains, paint removal or tar and grease.
GREEN: 25degrees – Medium Pressure/Medium Flow Nozzle – Use for all purpose cleaning, home sidings, brick patios, wooden decks, driveways, sidewalks and garage floor.
GREY: 40degrees – Low Pressure/Higher Flow Nozzle – Use for gentle cleaning, cars, trucks, motorbikes, boats, trailers, RV’s, patio furniture and lawn equipment.
BLACK: Soap Nozzle – Use this when you need to apply cleaning detergents before the main wash.
You now know everything you need to know to use the Sun Joe SPX3000 so you can get out there and clean whatever you need to.
Here is a list of things you can clean with a Sun Joe SPX3000:
Motors, Garages, Sanitize processing equipment, Storage areas, Forklifts, Maintenance areas , Kitchens and concession areas, wooden pallets, Plant equipment, Mowing equipment,Generators, Painting equipment,…
So Which Pressure Washer Came In A Close 2nd and 3rd
Campbell Hausfeld PW182501AV
The Campbell Hausfeld PW182501AV is another best selling pressure available to buy online. It is another popular modal that has sold to hundreds of thousands of people in every country on the planet.
Just like its competitors this machine was designed for at-home use by people needing to clean around the house or to wash down the car, boat or motorbike.
At around $139 you really can’t ask for better value for money.
AR Blue Clean AR383
The AR Blue Clean AR383 comes in a very close second. At around $150 this timeless wonder has been purchased by hundreds of thousands of cleaning perfectionists all around the globe.
This machine is the perfect companion for anyone who needs to clean around their home or work space. The built in hose reel and awesome cleaning power of this little blue warrior will have you speedily cleaning anything and everything and will leave you plenty of time on the day to do what’s important.
Electric Pressure Washer Features
Knowing the different terms and features of the pressure washer ranges will help you to determine exactly the right pressure washer for you.
On Gas powered pressure washers, look for the CC or Cubic Centimetres which indicates power output. On Electric pressure washer instead look for A or Amps.
There are two different types of pump – Axial Cam and Triplex which differ between models. Most Axial Cam pumps are designed for at home us. Heavier duty and more durable pressure washers that will get more use and therefore require more heavy duty manufacturing will have triplex pumps.
Nozzle Tips will allow you to change the pressure and the way in which the water flows out of the spray gun/wand. Some nozzles will rotate which will affect the direction of the spray.
Some wands themselves will be adjustable which will also allow you to impact the spray type and pressure flow.
Different machines will either require chemicals or detergents to operate however some machines rely only on water. If the machine requires this usually there will be onboard tanks to facilitate.
Types of Electric Pressure Washer
Electric pressure washers tend to fall within 3 distinct categories.
Light Duty – Medium Duty and Heavy Duty
Pressure washers that fall into the light duty category are best used for cleaning outdoor furniture, the garden patio, sidewalks and stairs, cars, motorbikes and boats, for what most people would consider light duty cleaning work. They usually fall between 1000 PSI and 2000 PSI.
Pressure washers in the medium duty category are best used for cleaning fences, house sidings, roof tiles, walls, wooden decks, grage floors, shed floors and driveways. They will typically generate between 2000 and 2700 PSI and will remove most stubborn stains and spills.
Heavy duty pressure washers are usually considered to be all rounders. They will handle less difficult jobs because most machines have some kind of mechanism that will allow you to lower the power output and they can be left at full power to tackle tough jobs. These machines are recommended for cleaning larger areas and jobs that will require many hours of work. They will usually fall deliver an output of between 2700 and 4000 PSI.
Benefits Of Electric Pressure Washer
Electric pressure washers are a modern marvel and there are many benefits to owning a pressure washer that will change the way you clean anything and everything around your home or workspace.
The fact that we can just plug them in and have access to a powerful jet-stream of water that will literally blast away dirt, grime, rust, oil and mildew as well as a hundred other nasty things, really is quite miraculous.
So what are the main benefits of electric pressure washers?
- They are a lot lighter than gas powered pressure washers
- They are portable
- They are durable
- They are affordable
- They are powerful
- They allow us to clean anything within a 40-60 foot range of a power outlet
- They are very simple to assemble
- They are even more simple to operate
- They can be operated by anyone, old or young
- They can be used personally
- They can be used professionally
- They can be used to clean anything
- They make cleaning fun
- They make cleaning easy
- They make cleaning quick
They really are beautiful machines. Wouldn’t you agree?
Top 10 Electric Pressure Washer September 2016
|Sun Joe SPX3000||2030 PSI|
|15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9"|
|AR Blue Clean AR383||1900 PSI|
|11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5"|
|Campbell Hausfeld PW182501AV||1900 PSI|
|13.5 x 34 x 10"|
| Karcher K 2.300||1600 PSI|
|9.5 x 30.8 x 11"|
|AR Blue Clean AR118||1500 PSI|
|9 x 14.5 x 10"|
|AR Blue Clean AR390SS||2000 PSI|
|16.4 x 37.8 x 15.2"|
|Sun Joe SPX1000||1450 PSI|
|12 x 9.8 x 19"|
|AR Blue Clean AR383SS||1900 PSI|
|15.4 x 34.3 x 14.2"|
|Karcher K 3.000||1800 PSI|
|21.7 x 12 x 12.8"|
|Karcher K 5.540||2000 PSI|
|16.5 x 15.5 x 23"|
|GreenWorks GW1702||1700 PSI|
|13.2 x 24 x 11.2"|
Pressure washers are one of the most timesaving and labour reducing inventions of modern times. They are available in a variety of sizes, power outputs and ideal functions. They are used by individuals, groups of people, businesses and even corporations. They can be used by a complete beginner in the same way that they can be used by a true veteran of the cleaning tradition and can be found to suit absolutely any budget. In conclusion, pressure washers are a wonderful device that fit perfectly into any home tool shed or professional tradesman’s arsenal. On our site you will find links to every possible resource and every type of pressure washer imaginable.